In HPUX, we use LP command to print text file, for example
lp -dprt1 printme.txt, where
prt1 is the LP destination name (or also known as queue name) and
printme.txt is the file to be printed.
If the print server used is a HP JetDirect, we can set the printout header using the HPPI utility:
- Install the HP JetDirect Installer (in HPUX 11iv3, the installation file is named as
- Then copy
- Run HPPI (HP Printer Installer) by typing
- Select option 1 (Spooler Administration) then option 1 again (Add printer to local spooler).
- Type in print server IP address.
- Type in the LP destination name (option 1) then select option 5 (additional printer configuration).
- Type in hp2560 in Model Script (option 1, there is actually a list of model script for you to select but you won’t find hp2560 in the list) then continue for the rest.
- Finally you can find a file named exactly like the queue name in
/etc/lp/interface/model.orig. You can add or modify a function called
do_banner()in order to add a customized printout header.