Dozen of methods to upgrade Ubuntu Platform, either through Update Manager or through CD. Steps below show you how to upgrade Ubuntu Platform (for example from 9.04 to 9.10) from ISO without burning to CD:
- Download the Alternate version of Ubuntu Installation CD from Ubuntu Official Website. The differences between Alternate version and the normal version include:
- Alternate version doesn’t have Live CD features.
- Alternate version is text based.
- Alternate version has CD upgrade features (and the normal one does not have).
- Mount the ISO using command below (assume that the name of your ISO is
ubuntu-alternate.iso, located at
/home/jamesand the mount point you want to set is
mount -o loop /home/james/ubuntu-alternate.iso /mnt/iso
- Change directory to
cdromupgradeas ROOT user (and key in your password) and continue with the upgrade.