To setup Firebird Server in a Windows machine:
- Download Firebird (either EXE version or ZIP version, but not embedded version).
- If you have downloaded EXE version, just run the setup, select Super Server type and skip to setup 4.
- If you have downloaded ZIP version, extract it to a appropriate location, go to bin folder and run install_super.bat to install the Firebird Services.
- Right now you should able to see Firebird Services at the Services Browser, where you can start or stop the server from there.
Other Post Installation actions that need to be taken:
- Open port 3050 for Firebird Server.
- The default user and password is sysdba (masterkey). To change it, use command prompt and change directory to FIREBIRD\bin, execute following command:
gsec -user sysdba -pass masterkey -mo sysdba -pw othpasswd
user is current user, pass is current password, mo is user that you want to change password while pw is the new password.